When you first sign in to Windows, the taskbar is automatically sized so that it can fit your monitor. If you change your monitor resolution or size of the window, then you may want to manually adjust how large or small the taskbar should be.
In Windows 11, the taskbar is a vertical bar that appears on the bottom of your screen. You can change the size of this bar by selecting “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” in the Start menu. The properties window will allow you to select different sizes for your taskbar.
authored by Matthew Adams
Windows & Software Expert
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- Even though Windows 11 doesn’t have a lot of built-in choices for doing so, users may modify the size of the taskbar.
- You may change the size of the taskbar in Windows 11 by modifying the registry.
- You may also accomplish your aim by changing the scale settings.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The taskbar in Windows 11 hasn’t wowed everyone. Some of them are dissatisfied with the taskbar since they are unable to resize it using the mouse.
They often complain that there isn’t enough place on the taskbar for everything they wish to put on it. They’ve always been able to move the taskbar to add another level, from Windows 95 to Windows 10.
The taskbar in Windows 11 does not have any built-in options for adjusting its size. The taskbar cannot be expanded by dragging it with the mouse like it can in Windows 10. There are no resizing options for the taskbar in the Settings menu.
However, by tinkering with the registry, you can adjust the taskbar size to some degree. Additionally, changing the scaling options in Windows 11 will affect the size of the taskbar.
What has changed in Windows 11’s taskbar?
The concentrated icons in the Windows 11 taskbar are the most noticeable difference from previous versions. Icons used to run from left to right across the taskbar on prior systems. All of the taskbar shortcuts in Windows 11 are located in the center.
The taskbar (and the whole desktop) in Windows 11 has a new design thanks to the consolidated icons. However, whether centralized icons really improve the taskbar is controversial.
On the taskbar, some users may discover a new widgets icon. The new widgets functionality in Windows 11 may be accessed by clicking that button. This seems to be a reincarnation of Windows Vista’s gadget sidebar.
You can also use the Snap Group functionality to create snap layouts for grouped app windows. Users may launch Snap Group layouts by clicking thumbnail previews on the Windows 11 taskbar.
As previously stated, several users have expressed disappointment with the new taskbar’s lack of functionality. One feature that is lacking is the ability to resize the image. Furthermore, users are unable to drag and drop shortcuts into the taskbar.
Others may also observe that the Taskbar settings shortcut is the only option in the right-click menu for the Windows 11 taskbar. Locking the taskbar, accessing Task Manager, adding toolbars, and customizing buttons are all no longer available in Windows 10.
As a result, several early adopters have been dissatisfied with Windows 11’s new taskbar. Those who have seen pre-release versions of the platform, on the other hand, have only seen pre-release versions of the platform. In post-release releases of Windows 10, Microsoft may restore lost taskbar functions.
How do I resize the taskbar in Windows 11?
1. Make changes to the registry
- To begin, click the magnifying glass icon on the taskbar.
- In the text field of the search utility, type regedit.
- Within your search results, choose Registry Editor.
- Then, in the Registry Editor window, open this key: HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced
- Select New from the context menu when you right-click the Advanced key.
- Then, from the context menu, choose DWORD (32-bit Value).
- The new DWORD’s title will be TaskbarSi.
- Then, double-click TaskbarSi to open the window seen in the picture below:
- Then, in the Value data box, type 0 (for a tiny taskbar) or 2 (for a large taskbar).
- On the Edit DWORD box, choose the OK option.
- After that, go to the Start menu and choose Power, then Restart.
Your taskbar will appear like the one in the screenshot below if you put 2 in the Value data box. By typing 1 in TaskbarSi’s Value data box, you may restore the default taskbar size. Alternatively, you may delete TaskbarSi by right-clicking it and selecting Delete.
2. Modify the scale options
- Select Display settings from the right-click menu on the Windows 11 desktop.
- Then pick Scale from the drop-down menu.
- There’s a 125 percent scaling option there, which expands the taskbar’s size.
- Alternatively, to bring up the choice below, click the little arrow to the right of the Scale box.
- To input a value in the Custom scaling box, click it.
- Then, to confirm, hit the tick button.
- To apply the custom scaling, sign out of Windows 11 (or restart).
What more options do I have for customizing the taskbar in Windows 11?
The majority of taskbar settings may be found in the Settings menu. To access those choices quickly, right-click the taskbar and choose Taskbar settings, which will reveal the popup shown below:
To extend the choices for turning stuff on and off, click Taskbar items there. You may choose to remove the feature buttons from the taskbar in Windows 11.
Both the Taskbar corner icons and the Taskbar corner overflow options categories can be found below that. You may turn on and off the taskbar corner icons using those settings.
Click Taskbar behaviors if you wish to revert to the prior OS’s left icon taskbar orientation. Then pick Left from the Taskbar alignments drop-down box.
Even though the current Windows 11 taskbar isn’t to everyone’s taste, you should still take use of it. Using the following options and approaches, try changing and resizing it to better fit your tastes.
Windows Insiders may, of course, provide comments on the status of the taskbar in Windows 11. If you don’t like it, let Microsoft know using the Feedback Hub.
There’s also a place where you may propose additional taskbar functions. Also, don’t forget that the Recycle Bin may be quickly pinned to your Windows 11 taskbar.
Let’s hope Microsoft brings back the ability to expand the taskbar in future Windows 11 post-release releases. Until then, you may use the techniques listed above to resize the taskbar in Windows 11.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 11 taskbar too big” is a problem that many Windows users have experienced. This article will provide you with the steps to change the size of your taskbar in Windows 11.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the taskbar size in Windows 11?
A: To change the size of taskbar, youll first need to go ahead and open up your computers control panel. Once there, find Taskbar & Navigation and click on it. This should bring up a window with tabs across the top that let you configure different settings related to how Windows displays menus in general as well as windows within applications. You want to find where it says Windows Explorer, right below which should be an option saying either Large or Small Taskbarian Size for example. Just choose whatever size makes sense for what youre trying to do!
How do I fix the taskbar in Windows 11?
A: When you open the taskbar, a small arrow will appear in the lower right corner. Click this to show and hide your taskbar on demand.
How do I adjust taskbar size?
A: You can change the size of your taskbar in Windows by going to Control Panel > Display > Adjust resolution.
- change taskbar size windows 10
- windows 11 taskbar left
- windows 11 taskbar icons
- windows 11 taskbar size reddit
- windows 11 small taskbar bug